When creating his vision for the Lodge, the owner, Reggie Singh, drew inspiration from his family’s heritage and their shared passion for safaris and outdoor pursuits. This is reflected not only in the architecture and furnishings but also in royal ancestral portraits and photos from the family archives which decorate the numerous entertaining spaces, giving guests a unique insight into his clan’s rich history and culture.
There is something magical about a Mountbatten suite. As well as being among the most spacious in India, each one has been beautifully designed and furnished, complete with many thoughtful, luxurious touches. All four suites have a unique floorplan, yet all share the unmistakable blend of comfort, style and history.
Rooms are bright and full of natural light. Large windows provide jewel-like glimpses of the surrounding jungle, and tall French doors open from each of the suites onto large individual entertaining areas with their own private plunge pool. Local stone and marble have been used extensively throughout the property, heightening the sense of luxury.
No expense has been spared in selecting the finest furnishings, ensuring that every space is packed with texture and delightful details, resulting in an aesthetic that is a fusion of colonial heritage and modern tonality.
The bathrooms in each suite are designed for indulgence. Built-in massage beds, twin sinks, double showers with large rain heads and outrageously large tubs will not only satisfy but delight, the most discerning guest.
Features of each suite include:
- Minibar with complimentary bottled water and soft drinks
- Tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary homemade biscuits
- Enormous marble bathrooms, with sunken tubs, double showers and vanities
- Private or adjoining sitting area
- Double French doors opening onto large private courtyards with fire pits
- Private pools
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Two of the suites have open fireplaces
- Two of the suites are entered from an exclusively shared lounge area and can be booked as an interconnecting private family suite